- Select occasion for party:
- Select theme and staging:
- Create Guest list.
- Send invitations.
- Date of Party:____________________
- Time (starting, ending):____________
- Plan and select decorations
- Begin collecting materials and creating props.
- Prepare menu and grocery list.
- Select and hire caterer/serving help (if needed).
- Call any guests who have not responded
- Buy groceries and beverages.
- Prepare and freeze/refrigerate food items that can be made in advance.
- Make party costume or select outfit.
- Clean house, party room facility, or office party site.
- Set up and arrange party room
- Thaw frozen party foods.
- Get out serving pieces.
- Coordinate last-minute arrangements with caterer, servers.
DAY OF THE PARTY
- Decorate party room.
- Prepare and arrange remaining
- Coordinate set-up, service,
cleanup with hired helpers.
- Mentally "travel through"
- Dress in party outfit.
- Await arrival of first guest.